02 August 2007

the SIT command

Dog Training - The "Sit" Command

On the early days, one of the basic training is to make sure my dog understand the SIT command, any time I say “sit” then he should understand what’s required from him. The tone, the gesture I show whenever I say sit should be consistent. I first started off by saying sit and pressing him gently over his back. The lesson started for a couple of times then finish.

Later in that day, I repeated the lesson couple of times more whenever suitable occasions incurred. Especially when I prepared to feed him, I told him to sit before feeding him and I never feed him if he rejected the command. I did it just consistently. I do the same when I come home.

He would easily forget what’s being taught, so I have to make sure that he’s consistently trained and monitored.

No comments: